Laura H. Pace, MS, LMT graduated from the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy in 1996, is licensed in MA and NY, and holds a Certification as a Pediatric Massage Therapist. In addition to practicing as a Licensed Massage Therapist for over 19 years Laura is currently teaching at the New York College of Health Professions in Syosset, NY. Laura recently completed a Master of Science in Health Education at Kaplan University. Her primary focus is health promotion and wellness education to children and adults with special needs and their families.
Laura has advanced training and certifications including:
- Craniosacral Therapy, Upledger at Swedish Institute in New York
- Infant and Pregnancy Massage Instructor
- Thai Yoga Massage, Michael Sitzer - Instructor at Kripalu in MA
- Brain Gym® for Children with Special Needs
- CPMT (Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist) - Tina Allen Liddlekidz
- Touch Therapy for Liddle Kidz™ with Autism (Massage for Children with Autism)
- AAC training at ATECH Services in Concord, NH
- American Sign Language - Teach Me Sign Language in Bedford, NH
- American Sign Language Level 1 - The Learning Center for the Deaf in Framingham, MA
- Rhythmic Movement Training Level 1 & 2 - Worcester, MA
Master of Science, Health Education. Kaplan University 2016
Graduate coursework and skills:
- Development of health education materials (brochures, flyers, PowerPoint presentations, public service announcements)
- Development of health promotion programs and assessment tools
- Presentations and educational materials focused on health promotion and disease prevention for individuals with disabilities.
Laura has supported many families in her community through volunteer positions.
- 2007-2011 Bedford Little League Board Member
- 2007-2011 Bedford Challenger Division Coordinator
- 2008-2009 Coach- Bedford Rec Adaptive Soccer
- 2007-2009 Founder/Chair, C0-Chair Spedpac of Bedford
- 2007-2009 Parent member of NH Connections
- CAPS (Certified Autism Parent Supporters) Easter Seals of NH
As the parent of a child with special needs, Laura has a unique understanding in working with families and children in her practice. She tailors each session to adapt to the individual needs of her clients in achieving their goals toward increased health and wellness.
Laura is devoted to supporting the needs of children and adults on their journey toward wellness.